Monday, February 10, 2020

Mirror Mirror


Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
OK, you have to admit you did this at least once when you were little. When you were a child you looked into a mirror and saw a beautiful princess who aspired to save the world or go after your dreams and goals. But in today’s society, we stare at ourselves and criticize all of our imperfections, flaws, and degrade ourselves, due to what we’ve seen on social media and from following celebrities. This is what I like to call Self-Esteem.
Now for all the girls out there who don’t wake up with perfect hair or don’t mind eating a big mac instead of a salad. To the girls who don’t wear makeup and would rather spend the day in sweatpants then skinny jeans. To the girls who stick to sneakers instead of heels and decide to wear a t-shirt instead of a fancy blouse. To the girls who want to look like Jennifer Lopez or Nina Dobrev, I’m going to tell you to stop being unhappy with yourself! You are all perfect in your own unique way.
Stop wishing you looked like a celebrity or a friend or wishing people liked you as much as they liked someone else. Stop hating your body, your face, your personality, and those awesome freckles or maybe a accent you may have. I want you to love every flaw, every imperfection, because without those qualities you WOULDN’T BE YOU.
I want each and every one of you to show the world who YOU ARE! Be confident; show the world your one million dollar smile. Go after your dreams and goals. If your goal is to get a fit body or a six pack… then you will work hard to achieve it.Your self esteem, your happiness depends on you and ONLY YOU! Don’t depend on others, because I know you are better than that.
I’m happy, because I love myself. I accept my flaws (I’m sure everyone has something they wish to change), but I learn to embrace it, without wishing I had a better body or changing some flaws on my face… I love who I am because it’s what makes me ME. And I truly believe that “ME” is pretty amazing.
As I thought about how I should end this piece, I thought of how I would feel if I were reading this. So I want to tell every single person reading this… you are all stars that deserve to shine. All the girls with self-esteem issues or even girls reading this to become inspired, I want you all to know that you are not alone. Love yourself and be who you are, because without you the world would not be a happy place. So to conclude what I like to call my masterpiece, I want to leave you with this, “ Why fit in when you were born to stand out”?
xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig